Weaverville Fire Department Support Services

Minutes, Meeting January 7, 2015 5:00 p.m.

125 Bremer Street


I.                 Call to Order/Introductions: Called to order by President, Tina Scott at 5:04 p.m. Members present: Betty, Lewis, Briana, Bonnie E., Herk, Kathy, Tania, Marjie, Serena, Chief Alvord and Secretary Lisa. 


II.               Approve Minutes of December 3, 2014 – MSC Boorman/McCall to approve the minutes of the December 3, 2014 meeting, as presented.


III.              Reports:

A. Treasurer: (Marjie) –made $270.00 on bingo in January.   

B. Events: (Tina/Scott) Thank you to those who helped with the holiday dinner and bingo. 


IV.             Action Items:

A.  Douglas City Elementary School State Farm Fire House (Scott) – Discussion on number of helpers and DCFD helpers.  Will need some banners made so the kids can put their handprints on them.  It was suggested to have bullet point scripts for the instructors; Scott will make those.  Will need help with filling bags and getting the supplies ready – Thursday and Friday all day, just come in.   

B.  WFDSS Business Cards (Tina) – Lisa will make up a sample and pass it around at the next meeting to get suggestions.   

C.  FF Appreciation Dinner (Lisa or Scott) – Duane Heryford will open the La Grange Café for us to use on January 30th.  The event will start with cocktails at 6:00 p.m., dinner at 7:00 p.m. and awards immediately following.  Shellie is thinking about catering the event and hiring helpers.  A sign-up sheet was passed around with information that Shellie needs in order to make the final decision.  If she decides to cater the event, a more detailed invite will be sent.

D.  Valentine’s Day Roses (Lisa or Ted) – Ted stated that he has already ordered roses; this year he increased the number from 300 to 400 roses since we sold out in two hours.  Short discussion on prices; will finalize in February.  Details on preparing the roses will be at the February meeting, Ted will contact Linda. 

E.  Bingo in February (Marjie, Lewis, or Vicki) – Will need more helpers in February and more snacks.  Helpers will need to arrive at noon.  Ernie and Todd A put up brackets for the bingo board for easier access and storage of the board.  Tania will make new rule boards.  Marjie will ask the Association for more money for large pay outs.      


V.               Unit Reports:

A.  Logistics: (Tania) – No report.

B.  EMS Support: (Serena) – December training was to go through all the bags, so they are good to go.

C.  Maintenance: (Bonnie M.) – Absent: Tania expressed interest in the unit committee manager of maintenance.  Lisa named a few items that needed attention. 

D.  Technology: (Lisa) – Mike keeping up on the website, and facebook.  Scott asked members to send any photos of events to him for the slideshow at the appreciation dinner.    

E.   Public Events/Education: (Lisa) – D.C. School fire safety event.       

F.  Recruitment and Retention: (Lona) – Questions on how the recruitment boards are coming along, Lisa to ask Terri. 


VI.              Open Forum and Topics for Next Meeting:  Discussion on Scott buying a dish washer for the kitchen.       


VII.            Adjourn:  There being no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 5:53 p.m.