Weaverville Fire Department Support Services

Minutes, Meeting March 4, 2015 5:00 p.m.

125 Bremer Street


I.                 Call to Order/Introductions: Called to order by President, Tina Scott at 5:10 p.m. Members present: Betty, Bonnie E., Herk, Tania, Marjie, Serena, Elizabeth, Lori, Lewis, Larry H., Vicki and Secretary Lisa. 

II.               Approve Minutes of February 4, 2015 – MSC McCall/Horrocks to approve the minutes of the February 4, 2015 meeting, as presented.

III.              Reports:

A. Treasurer: (Marjie) –Bingo needs to have $500.00 as seed cash.  Seed is now at $186.25.  Rose sale brought in $663.00 profit.    

B. Events: (Tina/Scott) Thank you to those who helped with Valentine’s Day Roses, and bingo.  Vicki stated that the bingo attendance needs to increase in order to make any money on it.  Discussion on flyers around town.


IV.             Action Items:

A.  Appreciation Cards (Tina) – On March 18 at 3:00 p.m., there will be a meeting/business solicitation for the 2015 firefighter discount cards; all members are encouraged to participate.  Marjie will make a list of businesses.     

B.  Bingo (Tina) – Discussion on increasing attendance.  Sign-ups were passed around for the April 12th bingo.  Serena had some flyers  

C.  Fundraisers during Open House (Tina) – This item was skipped and discussed in Item E.

D.  Job Descriptions (Tina) – Discussion on each job description for the offices and Committees. Lisa will type them up and present them for approval at the next two regularly scheduled meetings.     

E.  Fundraisers (Larry H) – Larry H., disclosed that Support Services has been costing the WFD money and not replacing it.  He suggested to have more profitable fund raisers throughout the year.  He presented a list of ideas and was open for suggestions.  It was suggested to increase the bingo attendance, and to have fund raisers at the Open House in May.        


V.               Committee Reports:

A.  Logistics: (Tania) – It was suggested to have the Logistics Committee be an Officer Position since it is such an important position.  Discussion on committee vs officer position.  MSC Horrocks, E. /Horrocks, L. to move the Logistics position from Committee to Officer.  There were some concerns over the protocol when there is an incident.  Short discussion; a meeting is scheduled for March 11, at 5:00 p.m. to go over protocol.

B.  EMS Support: (Serena) – Discussion on AED batteries.

C.  Station Maintenance: (Tania) – Going through kitchen again, cleaning and putting things where they belong.    

D.  Web Technology: (Mike) – Lisa reported that Mike is keeping up on the website, and facebook.      

E.   Public Events/Education: (Lisa or Scott) – Live Fire Training in April – sign-up sheet is still available.     

F.  Recruitment and Retention: (Lona) – It was suggested to have the recruitment and retention committee taken off the list as it is addressed in other areas of the group.  Suggested to add the Equipment Maintenance on the committee reports.   


VI.              Open Forum and Topics for Next Meeting:  Next meeting: Open House, Appreciation Cards, vote to approve the job descriptions.        


VII.            Adjourn:  There being no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 6:18 p.m.