Weaverville Fire Department Support Services

Minutes, Meeting August 6, 2014 5:00 p.m.

125 Bremer Street


I.                 Call to Order/Introductions: Called to order by President, Tina Scott at 5:05 p.m. Members present: Elizabeth, Larry H., Betty, Serena, Lewis, Tania, Bonnie E, Herk, Treasurer Marjie, and Secretary Lisa. 


II.               Approve Minutes of June 4, 2014 – MSC Brown/McCall to approve the minutes of the July 2, 2014 meeting.


III.              Reports:

A. Treasurer: (Marjie) – Made $96.00 from the snow cone sales over the 4th of July weekend.  

B. Events: 4th of July event went well.  Pool party cancelled due to Coffee Fire.


IV.             Elections for Officers for the year of September 2014 – August 2015. 

A.    President – Tina Scott

B.    Vice-President – Lewis Curran

C.    Secretary – Lisa Guglielmina

D.    Treasurer – Marjie Watkins

E.    Logistics – Tania Alvord

MSC E. Horrocks/McCall to approve the elected officers for the year of September 2014 – August 2015. Vote: 11 Ayes, 0 Noes – voted in with a full quorum.


V.               Action Items:

A. Bingo (Marjie) – Bingo is postponed and not scheduled until Lona Davis returns from work.  This item is tabled until further notice.

B.  Relay for Life Team/or join existing team - Serena – Discussion on forming a WFD Support Services team for next year.  Can join Serena’s team this year – wear Support Services shirt.  Event is Sep. 13th and 14th. Starts at 10:00 a.m.  There will be a dessert auction, and snow cone sales.  Discussion on a raffle basket; Tania will get one together with items donated by Mountain Pacific Floors.  Can donate baked goods to raise money.  Will discuss a team for next year with the WFD association.

C.  Pancake Breakfast and snow cone sales at the Car show at Lee Fong Park - There will not be a pancake breakfast.  Marjie will head up the snow cone sales; she has a spot reserved.  A sign-up sheet is passed around for volunteers to help.

D.  Organize Support Services supplies for quick and easy deployment/ discuss phone tree and procedures – A group got together on Wednesday July 30 and organized the supplies.  Tania went over procedures.  Lengthy discussion on the phone tree.  A new contact list will be made and distributed.


VI.             Unit Reports:

A.  Logistics: (Tania) – Reiterated procedures for our first incident.  Discussion on wearing tennis shoes, jeans and our shirts to incidents.

B.  EMS Support: (Serena) – Will get a group to check the bags soon, due to medical calls.

C.  Maintenance: (Bonnie M.) – Bonnie no longer with us; moved out of the area.  Lisa reported the Summer Maintenance crew cleaned and planted in the flower beds.  Painted Station 2, and will be prepping to paint before floors are installed.  Short discussion on floor demo.

D.  Technology: (Lisa) – Mike keeping up on the website – doing an excellent job.   

E.   Public Events/Education: (Lisa) – State Farm House coming along; hopefully will debut during October fire prevention week.

F.  Recruitment and Retention: (Lona) – Lisa reported that the donated water was received from Crystal Geyser.


VII.            Open Forum and Topics for Next Meeting:  Discussion on the floor demo, responding to incidents POV, and Halloween.  Next meeting topics; Floor demo, Halloween, and fire prevention week.   


VIII.          Adjourn:  There being no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 6:10 p.m.