January 30, 2012


Fire units from Weaverville Fire Department responded to a Friday morning structure fire at the Cunningham residence at 370 Barbara Avenue. The fire was reported by neighbors passing by the home. The first Weaverville Fire unit on scene found light smoke coming from a bathroom window on the south side of the home.  Firefighters entered the home and found a fire in the bathroom and were able to quickly extinguish the fire. Damage was limited to the bathroom with light smoke damage through out the home.


The fire was accidentally started by a hot hair dryer that was left near combustible materials.  Damage estimates to the home are $5,000 for structure and contents.  The home owners were not displaced by the fire.


“Quick action by the neighbors by immediately notifying the fire department and a fast response by the Weaverville Fire Department kept this fire small”, said Chief Scott Alvord.