our historic handpumper a modern fire engine
Weaverville Fire
District and Department


Debris Burning, Burn Permits

During permissible burn periods, burn permits are issued by:

North Coast Unified Air Quality Management District (NCUAQMD)
2300 Myrtle Ave, Eureka, CA 95501
(707) 443-3093, FAX (707) 443-3099

Permit applications can be obtained (not issued) through participating local fire protection agencies and CalFire stations.

Burn permit requirements are similar to the following (see your permit for details):

Burn permits are not required for small recreational or ceremonial campfires on your own property. However, "Campfire Permits are required for open fires, such as campfires, barbecues and portable stoves on federally controlled lands and private lands that are the property of another person." Campfire permits can be obtained online, or at the Weaverville USFS headquarters.